Sure, roses and chocolate are always welcome, but why not surprise your sweetie this year with something that taps into their passion… for gardening! Here’s a roundup of fun, unique, I-love-you-this-much ideas guaranteed to get a smile and a giant hug:
• Although announcing, ‘Here, honey, I got you a compost bin!’ may not sound sexy, your partner will really dig in if it’s pretty enough to keep on the counter, such as ones made of earthenware or sleek stainless steel. Composting is easy-peasy, and going green is a great gift!
• This bundle of pinewood kindling will warm anyone’s heart…literally! There’s nothing like a roaring fire to start your Valentine’s Day evening off right.
• Who says love’s for the birds? Well, we do! This adorable Air Balloon Birdhouse can be used indoors or outside, and is sure to attract many fine-feathered friends.
• Give your honey the fresh scents of a summer garden, while staying toasty warm inside with these hand-cultivated Produce Candles, which come in yummy varieties such as mint, tomato and rhubarb.
• Who wouldn’t want to receive a bundle of sunshine in February? This Sunflower in a Bag Grow Kit is a great way to dream about spring!
• Living art can add a pop of personality to any space! This Succulent Living Wall Planter Kit comes with 20 plants and is simple to do.
• We just know that your better half wants to garden NOW, not when the snow melts, right? This lovely glass tabletop terrarium can be filled with moss, plants and whatever else you want to put in there!
• For super-budget-friendly gift-givers, how about a coupon booklet offering to weed the flowerbeds, clean your tools, rake up winter debris or haul bags of topsoil from the garden center? Or, offer to build some raised beds to make this the year you finally get that veggie garden going!
Whatever you wrap up for Valentine’s Day, make sure you’re giving it from your heart!